Organização e Tradução: Diniz Borges
Born in Terceira Island, Azores, emigrated with his family to the United States when he was ten. He has translated numerous works of poetry, prose, and essays. As a weekly oped writer for several newspapers in the Azores and the Azorean Diaspora in the United States and Canada, he focuses on issues of integration, acculturation, and identities, as well as literary, political, and social analyses. Diniz Borges teaches and researches at the California State University Fresno, where he founded and is the director of the Portuguese Beyond Bordes Institute (PBBI).
Translated books and anthologies
• On a Leaf of Blue — Bilingual Anthology of Azorean Contempo- rary Poetry, U.C. Berkeley, 2003
• I No Longer Like Chocolates – translation with Katherine Baker of a novel by Alamo Oliveira.Portuguese Heritage Publications of California, 2006.
• My Californian Friends – translation of a collection of poetry from Portuguese to English with K. Baker, works of poet Vasco Pereira da Costa. Portuguese Heritage Publications of California, 2009.
• The Portuguese Presence in California – translation of the his- torical book of the Portuguese-American experience with K. Baker and B. Chamberlain, 2009.
• A Love Story – for a portrait of the Portuguese at Lajes Field and the affections that time left behind. (Translation of the story of the Lajes Base in Terceira Island written by Joel Neto), CRT, Tercei- ra, 2020.
• Caligraphy of the Birds – translation of the poetry of the Azo- rean poet Angela de Almeida. Nona Poesia and Bruma Publications, 2022.
• Through the Walls of Solitude – translation of a poetry collec- tion to English from Azorean Poet Álamo Oliveira. Bruma Publications and Letras Lavadas, 2023.